Doctor insights on:
Age To Begin Pelvic Exams
Physical exam involving examination of the outside of the female genitalia (vulva), the inside (vagina) , as well as an examination of the cervix, uterus, tubes, ovaries, and tissue around the uterus (parametria). A bimanual exam then involves 2 fingers in the vagina with the other hand on the abdomen. A rectovaginal exam is one finger inthe vagina, one finger in the rectum with ...Read more
I'm aged 22 and I'm a virgin and I just wondered if its still required for me to have a Pelvic Exam?
Depends: Currently am college of obgyne recommends that adolescents have 1st visit age 13-15 w/o exam to meet gyne, discuss issues related to gyne/ reproductive health. Pelvic exam is not required to intiiate birth control. Pelvic exam at 19 years old, depending on medical history. Pap testing beginning no later than age 21. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the age that a girl can make their own medical decisions in oregon? She is 15 and doesn't want a pelvic exam. What year did law go into effect
If you get referred to a gynecologist for pcos at age 17 could you deny to having a pelvic exam if you do not want to?
What is the recommendation for a 28 yr old virgin regarding pelvic exams? Do I need to do them? Thanks.
Standards: The common standard for this exam is starting within 6 months of initial sexual activity or age 21. There are ways to modify the exam on virginal patients, using ultrasound and special speculums. Verifying the presence and size of uterine and ovarian structures is important.There are risks of having the equipment whether you are sexually active or not. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- At what age does sperm count and fertility begin to decline quickly
- How to get over fear pelvic exam?
- At what age does a guy have to have a rectal exam
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- At what age do you expect children to begin speaking in complete sentences
- How to avoid pelvic exam during wellness physical at corporate?
- What is the earliest age at which you could begin to insert ear tubes?
- What can i expect to happen during pelvic exams during pregnancy?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free