Doctor insights on:
After What Age Does Male Fertility Begin To Decrease
Probably does not: Male sperm quality as defined as fertilization and embryo quality at ivf seem unchanged in several studies. Other studies suggest that fertility may decline as early as 35-39. I believe much of the confusion arises over limited research and different definitions of male fertility. It would seem that while sperm counts decrease the quality does not until late age. Consult you doc. Best wishes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Male fertility is a field of study in which a person looks at the causes of infertility that men have, plus the treatments of such problems. Men can have low testosterone, poor sperm production, abnormal ducts/tubes that carry sperm, erection problems, ejaculation (climax) difficulties, etc... Doctors who specialize in male fertility ...Read more
At around what age does male fertility and sperm count begin to decline drastically? I look young.
Recent evidence, yes: Recent genome and population studies associate paternal age with autism, schizophrenia, and possibly cancer. Mice studies show decreased fertility with middle age and altered sperm genes. An english study showed that men>45 years needed 5x longer to achieve pregnancy with partner. Male age particularly becomes a factor when women are in late 30's. With ivf, pregnancy rates are less for men >50. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It doesn't : Men can be fertile well into old age. Over 50, there may start to be a gradual decline but no drastic decline. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- At what age does sperm count and fertility begin to decline quickly
- What happens to male ejaculation after sex does it stay inside the woman?
- What to do if heart rate does not decrease after exercise?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean to have cramps after your period?
- What does it mean to spot a little bit about 4 days after ovulation?
- Why does it burn to pee after intercourse male?
- What does general anesthesia feel like after i come to?
- Talk to a reproductive endocrinologist online for free