Doctor insights on:
After Iui What Precautions To Be Taken
Intrauterine insemination (iui) is where fresh or frozen partner or donor sperm is prepared or 'washed' to increase the sperm quality then gently injected through your cervix after a speculum exam, like a pap smear exam. It should be painless or cause mild cramping only. Iui helps with mild to moderate sperm problems. Iui preparations should have at least 2 million moving ...Read more
I got a faint positive today 10 day after second iui. Can this be a REAL POSITIVE? I had taken a previos PT 7 days after my iui and it was negative
IUI Use: Intrauterine insemination (iui) is used to increase the chances of conception in cases where there is low sperm count, ejaculation dysfunction, thick cervical mucus, scarred cervix, decrease sperm motility or in cases where the sperm is donated or there is unexplained infertility in couples who have being trying to conceive for at least one year without success. ...Read more
You can't: An intrauterine insemination (iui) requires first semen to be washed as unwashed semen should not be inserted into the uterine cavity. A special catheter is then needed to enter the uterine cavity to deposit the washed sperm into the uterine cavity. For these reasons, as well as others, IUI cannot be performed at home. ...Read more
Depends: Success rates depend on you and your partner's fertility problem and your age. Most couples who turn to IUI have a 5 to 20 percent chance of becoming pregnant with each cycle. Your chances will be closer to 20 percent if you take fertility drugs in conjunction with the procedure. ...Read more
Paragard or Mirena (levonorgestrel): With paragard, period may have same or heavier flow and same or heavier cramping than before insertion. With mirena, (levonorgestrel) Progesterone is released into uterus and the effect is only in uterus not throughout the body, there is usually less days and amount of flow and sometimes the period stops, with that comes less cramping. You still ovulate each month with either iud and mid-cycle pain may be be there. ...Read more
No, it's still OK: See my other answer as well. If we are monitoring a treatment cycle with ultrasound, and you have a decent-sized follicle and then get a positive lh surge I would do an IUI on the day of your surge. The egg has up to 24 hours after ovulation when fertilization could occur. Best wishes. ...Read more
Several things: Bleeding after an IUI can be caused by a friable, or cervix that's bleed easy, a small bleed behind the gestational sac, following intercourse, the loss of a twin and/or signs of an early miscarriage. If you have any bleeding, contact your doctor immediately. And remember, it may not be a bad sign. Probably would consider starting Progesterone to help quiet the uterus. Good luck. ...Read more
Can't say: Without specifics: what type of medicine used? Insemination with how many total motile sperm? Monitored how? Hcg trigger injection? Other female diagnosis (endometriosis, tubal problems, etc., . ..)? In general # of follicles is not a predictor of pregnancy. Prognosis for a 41-year old is always guarded; you really want to talk with your fertility doctor about this question. Good luck! ...Read more
Several things: Bleeding post IUI can be caused by a friable, or cervix that's bleed easy, a small bleed behind the gestational sac, following intercourse, the loss of a twin and/or signs of an early miscarriage. If you have any bleeding, contact your doctor immediately. And remember, it may not be a bad sign. Probably would consider starting Progesterone to help quiet the uterus. Good luck. ...Read more
Common: I wouldn't say "should" but its very common, you should do a hpt. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- How long from having sex positive pregnancy test?
- What to expect the first week on prozac?
- Does having intercourse prior to taking a pregnancy test affect the results?
- What are the precautions to take after a concussion?
- What can be taken to reduce swelling after tongue piercing?
- How long does a first response pregnancy test take?
- Precautions before iui
- Precautions taken when amniotic fluid is excess
- Unwanted 72 to be taken before or after meal
- Post anal fissure surgery what precautions to be taken
- What are the precautions to take for a bulky uterus?
- Precautions to be taken in kidney swelling
- Econorm to be taken before or after meal
- How long should i wait after drinking to take medication?
- What does the index value mean in testing for hsv2?
- What does the index value mean inhsv2 testing?
- What is the white stuff on vig after taken a plan b?
- What trimester should i be on best rest?
- What should progesterone level be after iui?
- Can a tetanus shot cause complications during the first trimester?