Doctor insights on:
After Having A Tooth Extracted
This varies...: I would ask your dentist the same thing since he/she knows the particulars of your situation. Your care can be anywhere from not having to change much of your life at all to having to maintain a softer, more homogenous diet for up to six weeks. Physical activity may need to be decreased anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Use of a straw may not be recommended for up to a week. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Sometimes: Prolonged tetanic spasms of the jaw muscles following extraction is known as trismus and is caused by inflamation and edema in the muscles of mastication. During extrractions these muscles often get overly stimulated from wide and /or prolonged opening during surgery. Normally the spasms will resolve spontaneously. You can seek comfort by applying warm compresses to the area. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Might: Might upset your stomach, but will do no real harm. ...Read more
Dry socket hurts!!: Dry socket feels like your head will explode. There is no dancing around it. What you have is probably normal postoperative discomfort. The risk of dry socket is low with grafting. If you have any doubts your dentist will be happy to take a quick look i'm sure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What painkillers can I take with diclofenac sodium after having a tooth extracted and a bit of my jaw fixed?
Narcotic/combination: Diclofenac is a non steroidal which relieves pain by reducing swelling. It filters through the kidney. Most agree that a narcotic such as hydrocodone/acetometaphen combination in conjunction with an NSAID such as diclofenac is standard to reduce post operative pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to acquire tonsillitis after having teeth extracted?
- Can you have a tooth extracted while you are taking coumadin?
- Extracted tooth blood clot
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can an abscessed tooth be extracted?
- Fever and sweating after teeth extracted
- Signs of infection in the hole where a wisdom tooth was extracted
- How long does it take to heal a extracted tooth?
- Talk to a dentist online for free