Doctor insights on:
After Having A Shot Is It Normal To Have A Knot Under The Injection Site
My fiancé receive a la bacillin shot exactly a week ago in his left thigh... He now has a medium sized knot under the injection site... Is that normal?
Possibly: Yes, this can occur. If, however, there is warmth, redness, pain or tenderness in this area or it becomes progressively worse he should seek medical attention. ...Read more
Yes: Soreness at the injection site is due to local trauma from the injection. ...Read more
About 2 days after i got a flu shot, i got small blisters around the injection site. Is this a reaction or normal?
Could be: It is difficult to make a proper diagnosis since I am not there to see the condition. I recommend seeing a doctor or a dermatologist so that they can make a proper diagnosis and give you something to get rid of the condition or relieve symptoms. ...Read more
It's pretty common: it's an immune reaction. Personally, I kind of believe in the 19th century idea that a vaccine that makes more of a 'take' (the signs you mention) produces a better immune reaction. Vaccines vary between the type (live is stronger) and between people on how much inflammation they produce. ...Read more
I got the Depo-Provera shot yesterday, my arm is realy sore and burnng at injection site also a hard lump under the skin around injection site. Is this normal?
Yes: Sorry that happened. The symptoms you are describing though are normal. It's possible that a small blood vessel broke under the skin, or that your muscle is just cramping up around the area where the shot occurred. A little bit of time and it will be gone. In the meantime, for the pain, try some ibuprofen, 600mg. ...Read more
Is it normal to have hard knot around injection site for MRI contrast? Its been 3 days. How long does it last?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have a crackling in the skin after a breast augmentation?
- Is it normal to be nauseous the day after having a cardiac ablation?
- Is it normal to have a sore throat after radiation beam therapy to the neck?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have a fever and chills after starting antibiotics for a uti?
- Is it normal to have vaginal pain after a pap smear test?
- Is it normal to have discharge after a transvaginal ultrasound?
- Is it normal to have a fever with bronchitis after antibiotics are started?
- Is it normal to have a large bump on the site of the allergy injection?