Doctor insights on:
After Having A Shot Is It Normal To Have A Knot Under The Injection Site
My fiancé receive a la bacillin shot exactly a week ago in his left thigh... He now has a medium sized knot under the injection site... Is that normal?
Possibly: Yes, this can occur. If, however, there is warmth, redness, pain or tenderness in this area or it becomes progressively worse he should seek medical attention. ...Read more
Yes: Soreness at the injection site is due to local trauma from the injection. ...Read more
Is it normal to have hard knot around injection site for MRI contrast? Its been 3 days. How long does it last?
I got my first gardasil shot 2 weeks ago. I still have a very hard lump at the injection site, and hurts to touch. Is this normal?
See your doctor: It is normal to feel a hardening of the skin (lump) for up to several weeks after an injection; however, any tenderness associated with the shot should have already resolved. We need to be concerned about infection at the site or other possible complications. Recommend seeing your doctor to have the area examined. ...Read more
Usually a few days: Most of the time, these areas last only a few days. Sometimes there is a little bleeding at the injection site and it may last longer, usually 1-2 weeks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Tetanus shot injection site
- Flu shot injection site
- Allergy shot injection sites
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a knot under my armpit that hurts
- I have a knot under my armpit
- I have a hard knot under my skin
- Getting the flu after having the flu shot
- Is it normal to have a large bump on the site of the allergy injection?