Doctor insights on:
After Having A Hysterectomy Is It Possible To Still Get An Std
STD screening: Screening guidelines for stds recommend that sexually active men and women should be offered routine screening for hiv. Serologic testing for hepatitis b should also be done. Women with a history of unprotected sex/multiple partners should be screened yearly for gc and chlamydia. Men for chlamydia. The window period for detection of HIV antibodies is 6 wks-6 mos. After exposure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
STD is also known as Sexually transmitted disease. This is a disease which can be transmitted from one person to another person through sexually related activities. This does not limit these activities to heterosexual intercourse, but encompasses all modalities of human-to-human sexual activity. It does not include illnesses that may make an individual more susceptible to a condition because of a sexual ...Read more
After a hysterectomy, can blood tests for std's be performed at a STD testing site that is not the physician's office? Is it common enough?
Yes.: Today full std testing can be done via blood test only, there is no longer need to obtain any genital swabs or even urine samples. The hysterectomy would make no difference in any case. You can ask your regular family physician to test you, for peace of mind, or possible exposure, and ask them to draw the blood for the test. It's that simple. ...Read more
Complete hysterectomy in 2011 due to cervical cancer pap 1 yr after no problem. now have abdominal pain after intercourse this year and no STDS?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to get pregnant after a partial hysterectomy?
- Is it possible to get a tonsil infection after having your tonsils out?
- How is it possible to get an infection in the uterus without having had a baby?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to get pregnant after a hysterectomy?
- Is it possible to get an std from someone who does not have an std?
- Is it possible to have a baby after an abortion?
- How possible is it to get pregnant a week after an abortion?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free