Doctor insights on:
After Having A Hysterectomy Is It Possible To Still Get An Std
STD screening: Screening guidelines for stds recommend that sexually active men and women should be offered routine screening for hiv. Serologic testing for hepatitis b should also be done. Women with a history of unprotected sex/multiple partners should be screened yearly for gc and chlamydia. Men for chlamydia. The window period for detection of HIV antibodies is 6 wks-6 mos. After exposure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
This is a disease which can be transmitted from one person to another person through sexually related activities. This does not limit these activities to heterosexual intercourse, but encompasses all modalities of human-to-human sexual activity. It does not include illnesses that may make an individual more susceptible to a condition because of a sexual ...Read more
STDs: There are twelve stds. Not one of them is less likely if you have had a hysterectomy. That being said, leaves me to wonder what you are really specifically asking about. Having had a hysterectomy will not change your risk of carrying or being infected with any of the twelve common stds. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i still get an std if i have had a hysterectomy?
- Is it possible to get pregnant after hysterectomy?
- Is it possible to get pregnant after a hysterectomy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you still have a cervix after hysterectomy?
- Will i still have a period after a partial hysterectomy
- Do you still have periods after a hysterectomy?
- Will i still have a period after a hysterectomy
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free