Doctor insights on:
After Getting Your Wisdom Teeth Removed
Not usual but: Everyone reacts differently to different situations. You could be reacting to the "trauma" of having surgery done. Depending on how you had it done it may be from the anesthesia. It may be the way you react to the pain you might be experiencing. It may also be due to one of the medications you are taking. Check with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not with sugar.: Sugarless or those sweetened with xylitol are good. ...Read more
Not all are the same: Wisdom teeth can be simple extractions or more invasive procedure if the teeth are impacted. Impaction means they are buried either covered by gum or both gum and bone. The more invasive the more swelling and discomfort afterwards. The doctor should prescribe pain medication and advise you to ice your face. From my experience the ice makes a very big difference. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
General DDS or OS: Not all patients require removal of their wisdom teeth. A dentist who actually examines you and see x-rays of your wisdom teeth can determine whether or not they need to be removed. Some general dentists remove wisdom teeth while others prefer to refer patients to oral surgeons for their removal. Some patients merely need local anesthesia (and analgesia), while others prefer to have IV sedation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It depends: If your wisdom teeth are symptomatic or causing problems or potential for problems, you should have them removed. If they are fully erupted, not a source of problems and functional, removal would not be recommended. Your dentist can best advise you after a clinical exam and the appropriate radiographs. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you smoke after getting your wisdom teeth removed?
- How much is it to get your wisdom teeth removed?
- Drinking after getting wisdom teeth removed
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you smoke after having your wisdom teeth removed?
- Can you drink alcohol after having your wisdom teeth removed?
- How long are you sore after having your wisdom teeth removed?
- Do you have to get your wisdom teeth removed?
- Talk to a dentist online for free