Doctor insights on:
After Getting Wisdom Teeth Pulled
Ice, rest, rx: Follow the instructions given to you closely. Using an ice pack the day of the extraction for 20min on and 10min off. Following the first 24hrs you can try a warm compress, but may not be as helpful. Some doctors will provide an anti inflammatory medication for post operative pain, but not all patients get it if it's not needed in your case. Contact your doctor to give you personalized advice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: It depends. Was the surgery pretty straightforward or were there complications? How much bleeding is there? It's not uncommon for the extraction sites to ooze for a few days, but if there's a lot of blood, i'd get a follow up appointment with the surgeon for a check. ...Read more
Postop Infection: Amoxicillin would be the first choice, unless you're allergic to penicillin. Other choices include Clindamycin or keflex. More importantly, have you contacted your oral surgeon or been back to see them? You should, if you haven't. A postoperative wound infection can potentially be serious, and could lead to an abscess requiring an incision and drainage procedure, or even osteomyelitis. See the doc. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: How you will feel following your surgery will depend upon how your surgery is performed, i.e., local anesthesia alone vs sedated or under general anesthesia. Regardless if you are sedated or not, you will or should be numb in the areas where your teeth were removed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Working out after getting wisdom teeth pulled
- Can you smoke after getting your wisdom teeth pulled?
- Can you smoke after you get your wisdom teeth pulled?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you eat after getting your wisdom teeth pulled?
- Can you drink alcohol after getting wisdom teeth pulled?
- Do you lose weight after getting your wisdom teeth pulled?
- How long after getting wisdom teeth pulled can you eat?
- Talk to a dentist online for free