Doctor insights on:
After Effects Of Shingles
Can salmonella food poisoning have any serious long term effects after treated/cured? Can it lead to different problems? Ex: chickenpox into shingles?
No long term effects: Once in a while, people become carriers of Salmonella for a few weeks or months after they get over the initial infection. However, this is rare and harmless. It creates risk for other persons potentially exposed to your feces, but that's prevented by everyday, standard hygiene, like hand washing after toilet. So don't worry about this at all. ...Read more
Pain most important: Even after shingles (or zoster) heals, the pain can be debilitating for months or years. This is why the vaccine for those over 60 is so important. There is a new clinical trial starting for cancer patients to receive an inactivated vaccine..They can not receive the current one because of their weakened immune system. Cancer patients are particularly susceptible to zoster. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Shingles & Baths: Hello. No. You are not restricted with baths. Colloidal oatmeal (not the eating kind- Aveeno is an example which can be found at Walmart) and starch baths (yes cornstarch) can be soothing to the area of the body that is being attacked by the shingles virus. Make sure that your clothes, sheets, towels, etc. are washed in hot water AND separate from those in the home not suffering from shingles. ...Read more
Is there any side effects taking amoxycillin? I keep on having shingles down the back of my spine...
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- After effects of yag laser
- After effects of tranquliser
- After effects of dengue fever
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- After effects of anaphylactic shock
- Long term side effects of general anesthesia after surgery
- After effects of cellulitis
- How long will the after effects of a grand mal seizure last if low drug level?
- Talk to a dermatologist online