Doctor insights on:
After Effects Of Anaphylactic Shock
1-2 days: Depending on the severity of the reaction, a person can feel drained for a day or 2 after their reaction. Ample rest should be enough and hydration.
Anaphylaxis is a severe, whole-body allergic reaction to a chemical that has become an allergen. After being exposed to a substance such as bee sting venom, the person's immune system becomes sensitized to it. When the person is exposed to that allergen again, an allergic reaction may occur. Anaphylaxis happens quickly after the exposure, is severe, and ...Read more
1-2 days: Developing anaphylactic reactions involves many organs, depending how severe the reaction was. If it was treated as out patient and did not need intubation, usually a few hours to a day the person feels tired. If the person was ill enough to be intubated and admitted to the hospital, the time to resuscitation is key for brain preservation. So it is variable.
Anaphylactic shock after effects. I can not catch my breath still after I had as. It has been a month. Is that normal?
No: Sounds like uncontrolled asthma. See your doctor.
Itch-> death: Mild cases may be itching, hives, vomiting, and fatigue, severe cases can be life-threatening when respiratory problem or vascular collapse (shock) occurs. If you have this issue, be sure to have Epinephrine with you all at time. Oral antihistamine will not do you any good. Even more important, see an allergist to find out what the trigger is.
I'm going to get my 1st dose of Xolair. Any common side effects right after the shot? Nurse is not helpful. I am aware of anaphylactic shock.
Its: Not a real issue I've not had any patients have any major reactions good luck and hope you feel well soon
Some tips: When you have trouble breathing due to obstruction in the tongue or throat swelling or airway obstruction (asthma), when you are fainting due to low blood pressure, or when you are having abdominal cramps, vomiting, and/or diarrhea, for no known reason, then anaphylaxis is a possibility. Over 90% of anaphylaxis is associated with itching, flushing, and/or hives and this is important to remember
Waste 100 bucks: An amazingly safe medication. In the seventies we used Epinephrine to treat acute asthma attacks giving kids 3 doses in 40 minutes. Sometimes they had nausea & vomiting. Sometimes they'd get a little hyper. The nausea & vomiting could also have been due to asthma itself. Anyway, expect slight but brief rise in pulse, mild muscle jitteriness, heightened alertness. All resolve in 30 minutes.
There can be: Different severities of an anaphylactic reaction.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes...: This can happen if the airway is quickly and severely compromised. This is why it is important to have an epi pen available for anyone who has had this reaction. See your doctor so this can be prescribed. It can be life-saving!See 1 more doctor answer
Hard to know: The best way to prove anaphylaxis is to demonstrate elevated tryptase levels (blood test) at the time of the reaction. Often, this test is not done as symptoms and timing with suspected trigger is enough to diagnose and treat. If one suspects they have had an anaphylactic reaction (now resolved), then they should urgently discuss with a physician to see if epi prescription is needed.
Similar: They are similar, but the word "shock" suggests that the reaction has progressed in severity.
Possible reasons why some people still survive from anaphylactic shock when no epi-pen was administered?
Not true shock: Then it's a different kind of reaction. Not necessarily igE type reaction.
Can you got into anaphylactic shock from perfume and if so how long does it take for the symptoms to show up?
Probably not: Anaphylaxis due to allergen trigger usually requires an antibody to have been made in the past and present in sufficient quantity at the time of exposure (peanut allergy for example). Antibodies to perfumes generally do not exist. An irritant reaction, however, can occur and can cause a reactive lung problem or vocal cord spasm producing somewhat similar symptoms. Go to ER if ever in doubt.See 1 more doctor answer
Yes; pollen allergen: It may not be the flowers, but the pollen within them, that caused the allergy. Anaphylactic shock is a severe allergic reaction where the body reacts to a harmless substance (like pollen) by over-producing histamine & starting an exaggerated immune response. In some cases, this causes an unsafe drop in blood pressure (shock). Emergency treatment with epinephrine & steroids (immunosupressant).See 1 more doctor answer
A condition in which a person cannot circulate enough blood (carrying oxygen and nutrients) to the vital organs in the body. If shock persists, various parts of the body will stop working, and the person will die. Causes of shock include injuries, excessive bleeding, heart failure, infections, chemical imbalances, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Anaphylactic shock after effects
- Side effects of anaphylactic shock
- Anaphylactic shock
- Should my breathing still be bad 3 days after anaphylactic shock
- Anaphylactic shock recovery
- The onset of anaphylactic shock is usually
- Anaphylactic shock epinephrine
- Anaphylactic shock causes
- Effects of anaphylactic shock