Doctor insights on:
After A Tummy Tuck
Dispose or other use: In the vast majority of instances the tissues are discarded as medical waste and incinerated. On occasion the tissues may be used in the same individual as a pedicled flap as seen in the tram flap procedure for breast reconstruction. The component tissues can be used as a skin graft or the fat can be harvested and used for breast or buttock augmentation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Ask Surgeon: Your plastic surgeon will be your best guide when it comes to returning to specific exercise/activities. Generally speaking, a gradual ("listen to your body") return to cardiovascular/weightlifting/flexibility exercises along with a careful attention to healthy diet, will help you achieve/maintain the best long-term results possible. Best wishes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If you could before: There is an old joke about a patient asking if they can play piano after surgery and the surgeon answers "yes" but the patient says: "good, cuz i couldn't play before" if you camera heels before you should be able to wear heels after when you are sufficiently healed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Everyone varies: 5 percent of my patients will tell me it was the worst experience of their lives and took weeks to recover and 5 percent will say they were dancing the next night. 90 percent are somewhere in between. Since we don't cut muscles it usually hurts less than common operations like c-sections which do. Desk jobs can usually be back in one week but no sit-ups for 6 weeks. Strenuous jobs take longer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does swelling last after a tummy tuck?
- Is it normal to have a lot of gas after a tummy tuck?
- How long does it take for your skin to feel normal after a tummy tuck?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you have to wait after giving birth to get a tummy tuck?
- What happens if you gain weight after a tummy tuck?
- What is a seroma after tummy tuck?
- Bodybuilding after a tummy tuck
- Talk to a plastic surgeon online for free