Doctor insights on:
Affects Of Abortion
The pill Not needed: Iud is highly effective...For example: Mirena (levonorgestrel) touts over 99% effecacy! thus adding a morning-after pill is not needed..Benefit is next to nil..Ie..Adding a dollar to your million does not make much of a difference. Nevertheless, this pill should not have an effect on your iud. Adding a condom is much cheaper and safer--reducing risks of STDs etc...If u r still concerned, consult doc..Goog luck. ...Read more
'No,' but it varies: This is a sensitive topic with many variables, but 'usually no.' one uncomplicated abortion is not associated with infertility, but problems after abortion(s) can be. Infertility is usually from adhesion/scarring in the uterus or damage to fallopian tubes. Later gestation abortions and significant complications are at risk. ...Read more
Not necessarily: Most women who have had an abortion have no problem conceiving in the future. Having said that, as women get older, pregnancy is more difficult to attain. If they did a surgical abortion, the endometrium could be affected and a very small percentage of patients can develop uterine adhesions that can prevent pregnancy or increase pregnancy loss. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Perhaps, but : Should recover quickly.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will multiple abortions affect fertility
- Can an abortion affect fertility?
- Abortion will affect future pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can multiple abortions affect fertility?
- Does having an abortion affect fertility?
- Can having an abortion affect future pregnancies?
- How can an abortion affect future pregnancy?
- Talk to a obstetric medicine specialist online for free