Doctor insights on:
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (Adhd) (Definition)
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a bio-psycho-social disorder characterized by inattentiveness, hyperactivity, and impulsivity. ADHD typically interferes with daily functioning or mental and social development. It is usually present in childhood, continuing into adulthood, and is genetically transmitted. ...Read more
Official Diagnosis: Is adhd with specifier as to combined (inattention and hyperactive/impulsive), predominantly inattentive, or predominantly hyperactive/impulsive. Add is not currently an official diagnosis but many people use it to indicate the predominantly inattentive presentation and some people use it as a shorter way to indicate adhd. Can be confusing. ...Read more
Are children with ADHD always hyperactive? Can a child have ADHD and not show symptoms of hyperactivity?
1) No. 2) Yes: Adhd-primarily inattentive type (ia) replaced add as a diagnosis when research showed that the underlying neurobiological & neurochemical bases were the same as for adhd-combined type, which has significant symptoms of both inattention & hyperactivity/impulsivity.Adhd-ia is the most common type but c (or h/i in preschoolers) is more commonly referred. Ia is related to academic difficulties. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it true that generally ritalin (methylphenidate) helps more for people with ADHD (with hyperactivity), and Adderall helps more for ADHD people without hyperactivity?
I have OCD and probably adhd(without hyperactivity). I am taking now faverin. Is it possible that my doctor prescribe me ritalin (methylphenidate) also next time ?
Normally the: psychostimulatants, but you'll need a medical doctor, likely a psychiatrist to really figure this out. If you want to try other approaches, including self-diagnosis, allergy assessment, behavioral treatment, herbal approaches before meds, go to: http//www.psychologyproductsandservices.com/adhd.html ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Adhd attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder adhd in adults
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hyperactivity in adults
- Child hyperactivity
- Hyperactive bowels
- Talk to a psychologist online for free