Doctor insights on:
Addicted To Zyrtec
Can one become addicted to or dependant upon zrytec? Can zyrtec lose its efficacy with prolonged use, if so please provide an alternative. Thanks!
Nasal congestion?: I would suggest talking to your doctor if otc antihistamines are not helpful. I will mention that antihistamines tend to be more helpful for itching and sneezing and less helpful for nasal congestion. Nasal antihistamines and nasal steroids tend to be more effective for nasal congestion due to allergic rhinitis (allergies). ...Read more
Not likely: Zyrtec (cetirizine) is a new generation with a good safety profile. While the usual dose of zyrtec is 10 mg once a day for allergies, there is scientific evidence that higher doses even up to 4x the usual dose is helpful for severe hives. So, two doses of zyrtec is unlikely to cause significant side effects except perhaps a little drowsy. ...Read more
Allergies and hives: Zyrtec (cetirizine) is a new generation antihistamine that is FDA approved for relieving the symptoms of :: Seasonal Allergic rhinitis (hay fever) from pollen in patients over 2 years old Perennial allergic rhinitis: year round allergies in patients over 6 months old Chronic Urticaria (hives) in those over 6 months old It has been shown to prevent itching and decrease size of mosquito bites! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I took a 10 mg tablet this morning mistaking it for zyrtec. What can I do to counteract this drug? I need to be awake and mostly sober.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take 2 10mg zyrtec a day?
- Are there any long term effects to taking zyrtec everyday?
- How long does it take zyrtec to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Addicted to menthol cough drops
- How long does it usually take for someone to get addicted to tobacco?
- Addicted to sniffing rubbing alcohol
- Addicted to cunnilingus
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free