Doctor insights on:
Addicted To Sniffing Rubbing Alcohol
Yes: Rubbing alcohol is a poison that should not be inhaled or consumed. It is to be used on the skin to clean a wound. It can cause severe metabolic problems and even death if ingested. Ethyl or drinking alcohol should also not be inhaled. The intoxication that occurs from its inhalation can also be fatal. ...Read more
I might be addicted to Rubbing Alcohol. I'm not sure why, but I love the smell. My sister says it's bad for me, but is it? Do I need help for it?
Isopropyl alcohol: Isopropyl alcohol is lethally toxic when taken internally. Get help immediately ...Read more
Put rubbing alcohol: On what? Please clarify and re-ask.Get a more detailed answer ›
Witch Hazel is a: Safe alternative for external use.Get a more detailed answer ›
Toxic: Rubbing alcohol is used to disinfect, to bring down fever and to soothe skin and it is made of 70 percent isopropyl alcohol (ipa) in water. The ingredient used isopropyl is very toxic and has a high effect on the central nervous system. It causes alcohol poisoning which leads to vomiting, confusion and slow breath. In large quantities it can cause death. ...Read more
Multiple treatments: Consider hibiclens (a surgical scrub) or hydrogen peroxide as alternatives. Ask your physician for more details and if it's infected you may need to have it removed or to take antibiotics. ...Read more
Intoxicatiion: Depending on the amount, isopropyl alcohol injected intravenously may cause intoxication. It should never be injected as it is not an acceptable intravenous drug. ...Read more
Sx's of isopropanol O/D: abdominal pain, corneal damage, coma, dizziness, headache, low body temp, low blood pressure, hypoglycemia, nausea, vomiting,
tachycardia, uncoordinated movements,
unconsciousness & problems with urination. REF: https://medlineplus. Gov/ency/article/002660.htm ...Read more
Does rubbing alcohol leave behind any residue after it evaporates? I ask this because I'm considering using it to sanitize certain utensils.
No: Check label. It should only contain isopropyl alcohol and water--both evaporate. If colored / scented / denatured (common with ethanol), then there is 'something' else present, which may or may not evaporate. ...Read more
Hello. I am concerned about my boyfriend. Last night he ingested some NyQuil that he believes his friend put rubbing alcohol in. What do I do.?
Topical, right?: I am assuming you mean topically during massage. Rubbing alocohol can do a couple of things to help get a massage deeper into muscles or relax them. First, the temper change and sensation on nerve endings in your skin can help muscles relax. Second, the alcohol acts as a varying lubricant on your skin that changes through out the massage that allows different pressure. Hope this helps! ...Read more
Rubbing alc: Not recommended, due to dryness affect.Get a more detailed answer ›
Clarify: Please clarify your question. I am not sure I understand what you are asking. ...Read more
Not really: Botulism is caused by a toxin produced by a particular germ clostridium botulinum, most commonly found in canned foods that have gone bad (often the can fills with gas and expands). Since the illness is produced by a toxin that has already been made, killing the germ, whether with alcohol, bleaches or whatever does not reduce the toxin already made. Avoiding food from damaged cans is key. ...Read more
Pre-cum is semen. It houses fresh sperm. Are you asking if rubbing alcohol can or should kill sperm?
If one has precum on their penis one can wash this with soap and water. I would not recommend putting rubbing alcohol on the penis skin.
If you meant something else please ask again. ...Read more