Doctor insights on:
Adamantinoma Of The Long Bones
It's a long story...: Briefly, at the end of all long bones are physes (growth plates) that are composed of columns of cartilage cells. These columns grow one cell at a time, and cells at the bottom swell and die and become a scaffold for bone formation. It is too complicated to describe in 400 characters, but this might help: http://www.Sophia.Org/bone-development-endochondral-ossification-tutorial. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
Is it true some people's long bones never close? Are there conditions that cause that, other than acromegaly? Would I continue to get taller even @ 36
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do the side effects of plan b last?
- How long can a person live after being diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver?
- How long do the effects of dulcolax last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do the effects of nyquil last?
- How long do the side effects of accutane generally last?
- What are the long term effects of taking miralax?
- How long does it typically take a deep bone bruise to the hand to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free