Doctor insights on:
Acyclovir For Fever Blisters
Herpes simplex 1 vir: Cold sores or fever blisters tend to develop when an individual has a fever but can also be triggered by sun exposure, emotional distress, intestinal illness and menstruation. These blisters can recur in the same spot or in different locations.A sore or blister will typically take a few days or a week to resolve. Caused by herpes simplex i virus and are highly contagious. ...Read more
Cold sores: The cold sores or fever blisters are a herpes simplex virus. Stress whether physical (lack of sleep infection....) or emotional stress. I advise you to see your doctor as there are medications your doctor can put you on to prevent the frequent out breaks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Prevention: To prevent cold sores from occurring wash hands often. Maintain a healthful lifestyle (regular exercise, nutritious diet, adequate sleep, keeping stress at bay). Keep lips well moisturized & apply sun screen to the areas that your cold sores normally pop up. Talk with your physician about supplementing with lysine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What blood test shows cancer?
- What are some of the symptoms of broken foot?
- Do's and dont's during pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does looks at own hand associated with normal 11 mo last?
- Which patients may benefit from a laparoscopic hernia repair
- Talk to a dermatologist online