Doctor insights on:
My fiancee is getting better mentally aftr 9 month of TB meningitis but old Mri say acute bilateral infarcts in caudate, thalamus and left internal capsule. Wil mild limb spasm nd weakness be better?
7 mnth old MRI aftr TB meningitis says acute bilateral infarcts in caudate, thalamus and left internal capsule mentally she's better but still HS balance issues due to mild dystonia and hemiparesis???
Post Tb meningitis: Seek help from a physiotherapist to help balaceandhemiparesis problems ...Read more
Inflammation: Part 1: great question. It specifically refers to the inflammation of a protective layer of the brain and spinal cord called the meninges. Clinically, movements that stretch this layer (i.e. Bending the neck forward) will be painful. It can be caused by several microbes such as bacteria, fungi, and viruses. A lumbar puncture is the gold standard in obtaining spinal fluid for testing of meningitis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends !: Mild viral meningitis may be a short illness, bacterial meningitis is fatal in a few days if untreated we also have fungal and tuberculous forms the complications depend on the age of the patient , the severity of the illness and the speed of diagnosis and treatment mild to severe neurological deficits can occur. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Fever,headache: Meningitis is the term denoting usually an infection causing inflammation of the covering tissue in brain and spinal cord. Fever, headache , neck stiffness and altered mental status are the chief symptoms the severity and the prognosis varies from case to case but it has to be taken seriously! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Significant signs of acute bacterial meningitis are
- Acute meningitis treatment
- Acute pain under right rib cage shoulder becomes worse when lying down
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Acute pain in back near right shoulder blade
- Can you have bacterial meningitis without having a fever?
- Contagious acute bronchitis
- Could acute bronchitis cause back muscle pain in lung and chest
- Talk to a neurologist online