Doctor insights on:
Activities For Children With Speech And Language Difficulties
Docs. working for insurance a threat to children health. A doctor refuse referral my child for speech disorder, unless involve school. l don't agree?
Speech therapy: Honestly, I don't like the schools involved in the beginning for certain things, but sometimes it is not the doctor's fault. The insurance company has restrictions on what they consider to be medical reasons for speech therapy. We refer the patient and then when the insurance company won't pay, we get blamed! The school is responsible without a medical reason. There are many sides to every dilemma. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What happens in the brain to cause children to have difficultly reading and decoding written language?
When you put a child with speech delay age 3 in a class of autistic children can they pick up their behaviors?
Possibly, however,: Speech = articulation, the motor aspect of language. A child with receptive & expressive language delay" has impaired ability in comprehending language & in verbalizing ideas. Language is best learned from birth-5. Autism pre-k has 6 hrs. Of intensive instruction. Developmental delay pre-k has 2 1/2 hrs. Of instruction for children with various needs. Try the higher level of service first. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Genetic dysfunction: 47 XXY is a genetic condition that sometimes can cause hypogonadism and developmental delay. For those planning families, it's important to remember that there is a split of the x and y chromosomes in the sperm, and usually it's an equal split, some with x and some with y. With 47xxy, a lot of sperm, 2/3 most likely, will have either xx or xy, leading to non-viable sperm-egg combinations. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Extracurricular activities for children with speech delays
- Speech and language activities for toddlers
- Best learning toys for children with speech delays
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- 50 activities and games for kids with adhd
- Discipline for children with aspergers syndrome and adhd
- Communication and social skills exercises for children with aspergers syndrome
- Activities for delayed speech in children
- Talk to a pediatrician online