Doctor insights on:
Acidophilus For Thrush
What is the best way to use Acidophilus to treat oral thrush? Its been 3 days and I have noticed no improvements.
Dentist/MD: I would recommend antifungal medication. See MR or oral surgeon. ...Read more
Use multiple cultures: It would be healthier to use a probiotic product that contains multiple cultures instead of one. Get a probiotic with at least 25 - 50 Billion colony forming units of at least 5 different cultures. Believe it or not it's not hard to find and you can get it in one capsule. Try your local health food store. ...Read more
I need yogurt brands that are non-sweented with active acidophilus. I need several names of yogurts that have this. Please and thank you!
Plain organic yogurt: Most yogurts have lots of added sugar; it is best to get plain yogurt- you can add fresh fruit on your own if you wish. I strongly advise organic yogurt or else it is probably made from cows fed gmo corn which is best avoided. Some of the best brands are stonyfield farms, wallaby and straus family creamery. ...Read more
Do they still make refrigerated acidophilus? The pills & yogurt ones do not work! possibly not strong enough.
Yes, at Whole Foods: Whole foods has a refrigerated section that usually has a wide variety of live acidophilus. Be sure to check the colony count as it can vary widely. Seek at least 2 or 3 billion organisms per capsule. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Over the counter treatment for oral thrush
- How long should i take acidophilus for a yeast infection?
- How to rinse with hydrogen peroxide for the treatment of oral thrush?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe for my boyfriend and i to have sex if i have oral thrush?
- Acidophilus for men
- Bicarbonate of soda for thrush
- What type of doctor should i se for oral thrush?
- Talk to a dermatologist online