Doctor insights on:
Acid Reflux Cause Chest Pain
Technically called GERD, acid reflux is the presence of acidic stomach contents in the esophagus. The acid irritates the esophagus causing heartburn symptoms. The regurgitation or reflux can vary greatly as can the symptoms. Blocking stomach acid with medications can alleviate the burning but medication cannot stop the reflux. Complicated GERD requires surgical treatment ...Read more
It may.: The esophagus is a fairly posterior structure within your chest cavity. Many with acid reflux will feel burning between their shoulder blades in addition to or instead of under their breast bone. If antacid or famotidine or Omeprazole quiets the back "burning", then there is your answer. ...Read more
Acid reflux: Simple answer: "yes." but there are many causes of pain in that region. ...Read more
Not really.: Ibs causes abd distention, bloating, cramping, constipation and diarrhea like symptoms. Your symptoms sound typical of reflux disease. Avoid spicy food, chocolates, coffee, eat small meals, and take anti ulcer meds. Reflux symptoms could be from a hiatal hernia as well which is diagnosed by either an upper GI contrast study or egd. Follow up with a GI doc if symp not goinng away. ...Read more
Acid reflux is defined as the presence of acidic gastric contents in the esophagus causing irritation. It's cause is blamed on the a lax gastroesophageal shpincter that permits usch regurgitation. Vesicoureteral reflux is regurgitation (backing up) of urine in the bladder into the ureter ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can acid reflux cause sharp chest pain?
- Can acid reflux cause back and chest pain?
- Does acid reflux cause chest pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can acid reflux cause chest pain and shortness of breath?
- Acid reflux and chest pain symptoms
- Acid reflux and sharp chest pain
- Acid reflux shortness of breath chest pain
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online