Doctor insights on:
Achilles Tendon Rupture Rehab Protocol
Direct trauma: Achilles tendon injuries are very catastrophic. Usually occurs when the foot is in a fixed plantargrade position and the tibia (shinbone) externally rotates rapidly, and the foot does not release from its flexed state. Injuries for achilles tendon ruptures also take the longest to resolve, which can be from 8-20 weeks, depending on the amount and time of damage to the tendon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Awful: A full blown true rupture leaving a depression in the tendon called a dell may require surgery. An MRI will help make that decision. A partial rupture or tear may not. The latter will need immobilization, non weight bearing, rest, elevation, ice, and meds... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: It depends on how it was treated. Conservative immobilization or surgery. ...Read more
Depends on treatment: May depend if you had surgical repair or just immobilization. 16 + weeks ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sports massage rehab achilles tendon rupture
- Achilles tendon rupture rehab
- Achilles tendon rupture rehab exercises
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a ruptured achilles tendon take to heal after treatment?
- Achilles tendon rupture recovery timeline
- How long does it take after achilles tendon surgery to begin rehab?
- How to learn to walk again after an achilles tendon rupture?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free