Doctor insights on:
Achilles Tendon Partial Tear Treatment
I have a partial tear in my Achilles tendon and was told to get a walking boot. Should i get a short or tall walking boot?
Had Achilles' tendon repaired for the second time. I came home with no boot or cast is unusual ? It as for a partial tear.
Ankle MRI report - ant tib tendon bowing, tendonitis in ant tib, tenosynovitis in posterior tib, mild tendonitis in Achilles'. Best treatment?
Cold compresses help: I have found that tendinitis frequently responds to application of cold compresses, particularly gel devices kept in a freezer which when applied to tendinitis will cut the inflammation down and provide comfort without the potential side effects of listed medications (which help as well but can cause considerable side effects). Such gel devices can be found in drug stores (OTC). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Do I need to seek professional care for the pain in my Achilles tendon, or just home therapy and rest?
Surgery or nonop Tx: Achilles tendon tears are either treated with nonoperative immobilization in a cast or boot, or by surgery to repair the torn tendon followed by similar immobilization. Talk with your physician to decide together which treatment option is best for your individual circumstance. No one treatment is right for everyone. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I awaken with sharp burning pain in the posterior aspect of my ankle along my Achilles tendon for the past couple of months. Is there any home treatments that might help?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Partial tear of the achilles tendon
- Achilles tendon tear treatment
- Partial achilles tendon rupture treatment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treatment for partial tear of supraspinatus tendon
- Partial biceps tendon tear treatment
- Partial patellar tendon tear treatment
- Partial thickness tear of the supraspinatus tendon treatment
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free