Doctor insights on:
Ace Inhibitors That Dont Have The Cough Side Effect
How to combat ankle edema caused as a side effect by s-amlodipine.The hypertensive pt.Was previously put on ACE inhibitor but developed cough?
Breast enlargement in males is a side effect of ACE inhibitors. Does it affect women? My sister has developed painful rt breast since starting tablets
If it is not uncommon for ACE inhibitors to produce an annoying cough, why not prescribe arbs from the get go? Are they generally less effective?
Yes: Cough due to CHF is due to excessive fluid buildup in lungs due to inefficient heart function. Cough due to ace inhibitors is a benign (though irritating) side effect seen in a minority of patients. Ace inhibitors are first line drugs for "systolic" CHF ( due to weakened heart muscle). Presence of cough does not exclude use, but most physicians would switch to alternative "arb" medication. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How to treat ankle edema as a side effect of amlodipine plus if the hypertensive pt.Had been changed frm ACE inhibitor to a calcium channel blocker?
I was switched from a beta blocker to an ACE inhibitor for hbp due to bad side effects. How long will it take for the cough with lisinopril?
Cough upon Altace trial 10 yrs ago. Possible I might not have same reaction now, esp w/diff brand of Ace Inhibitor? ACE studies look better than ARB.
Altace cough: it is worth trying again as you will know quickly whether you are sensitive to it, and if you are, you can stop it. Best to check with your cardiologist. ...Read more
I hear that the chances of a strong annoying cough due to an ACE inhibitor for hbp (no diabetes) is experienced by many patients. How true is this?
Short of breath, lump in throat, difficulty swallowing, cough daily for 6 mos. And getting worse. One dr. Says reflux the other says ACE inhibitor (angioedema). Which is most likely given the symptoms?
No: There is a common misconception that calm people don't have hypertension and treating antihypertensives will calm people. Overall that is not the case. There may be one exception.Beta blockers block adrenaline which can make one feel calmer. Acei other antihypertensives usually do not result in people feeling calmer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i have a lump on the side of my foot that hurts when i walk?
- The side of my nipple is slightly dimpling was that mean i have a breast cancer
- I have a few lumps on the back of my head that dont hurt or move is this normal
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Imv having pain on the side of my stomach what does that mean
- I have been very gasy for the past month and i dont know why why is that
- What psychiatric medications may have the side effect of decreased appetite?
- Does the white on your fingernails mean that you dont have enough calcium in your body?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online