Doctor insights on:
Accutane Has Permanent Side Effects
The Accutane booklet says one of the side effects can be joint pain. How does Accutane cause joint pain? Can it be permanent after accutane?
Transient effects: Myalgias and arthralgias that are mild and transient generally do not require discontinuation of therapy. ...Read more
Relatively safe/few: The following study documented that the long term effects of Accutane were relatively minor and safe. These were related to skin and mucous membranes ~5% and include xeroderma (dry skin), dry eyes, arthralgias (joint aches) and aggravation of eczema. For further details see: http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmed/7918010. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Everybody is differe: That is why each person is monitored monthly. I would say everybody experiences dryness and if they would go out in ther sun unprotected they woud get one heck of a sunburn. If they would get pregnant they woud have a very deformed fetus. The rest of the side effects are sporadic but posible. ...Read more
Accutane: While the short term side effects of Accutane will go away quickly, users are cautioned against any type of peels or laser treatment for up to 6 months after stopping accutane. Speak to your dermatologist and be sure to let them know if you plan on having anything done to your face. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The dryness: Can last for up to several months after stopping the medication. ...Read more
Very unlikely: This is not true.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Permanent side effects of accutane
- How long do the side effects of accutane generally last?
- Are any of the testosterone side effects permanent?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Permanent topamax side effects
- Saw palmetto permanent side effects
- What is the treatment for anal itching that is best and has fewest side effects?
- Accutane side effects joint pain
- Talk to a dermatologist online