Doctor insights on:
Accutane And Hair Follow Up
Best products for: What? Please clarify ; re-ask.Get a more detailed answer ›
Hopefully: Hair thinning is a known side effect of Accutane. Although most side effects go away after the drug is stopped, the hair thinning caused by Accutane may persist after the drug is stopped. It is important to carefully consider all the potential risks and benefits of a medication, and decide for yourself if the potential benefits (eg. clear skin) outweigh the potential risks (thin hair). ...Read more
ALOPECIA: Alopecia or hair loss may be multifaceted meds/Infection-auto-immune . lab work up And exam. especially Thyroid studies b12 /vitD& folate.If they are normal start high dose Biotin zinc B12 and folic acid. Also a MasonPearson brush & a gluten free diet deceases inflammation WholeApproach.com /gutbliss.com .&Rogaine . if it does not improve seek Derm consult for biopsy to R/O ALOPECIA AERATA . ...Read more
6weeks is normal: The hair follicles in the dermal layer of the skin take approximately 6 weeks to return to normal, and the hair usually follows, but can take longer because accutane can effect our hormonal system and this may last for another couple of months, but usually is not a problem, so don't worry or stress can make it take longer! ...Read more
How often should I wash my hair so it doesn't fallout ? I only wash 1 a week because it doesn't get oily or dirty I keep it up + I'm on accutane .
Does accutane thin out your hair? Even at a 5mg per day dose? If so will it return to normal after treatment is over?
Accutane: it can cause that and should return when off it ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I had an allergic reaction to my hair dye and now my scalp if puffing up
- Accutane and hair loss
- Follow up mammogram and ultrasound
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Nature's bounty hair and nails side effects
- Why do i bite my tongue when im a sleep and the pain wakes me up?
- Why does my heart pound and race when i first wake up?
- Coughing up green mucus and sore throat
- Talk to a dermatologist online