Doctor insights on:
Accuracy Of A Blood Pregnancy Test
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
I just took a blood pregnancy test yesterday. The numbers came back - 124. I'm not sure if that is negative or positive.?
How can a blood pregnancy test say positive with a low 10 then the next blood pregnancy test said negative , can I be pregnant ?
Yes and no: Usually if a woman is 16 days late she is at 4 weeks gestational age and the blood pregnancy test would have to be positive. But if that women had just randomly a late ovulation, say she ovulated 3 weeks later than normal, a woman could be just a few days pregnant and the blood test would be negative. But she would still be "late". ...Read more
About 8 days after: Blood HCG tests detect levels very soon after embryo implantation starts. The embryo usually start implanting at about 7 days after conception. So a day later blood HCG levels will start to go up. Urine tests usually turn positive at 10 days after conception. They are slightly less sensitive than blood tests. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can melatonin change the accuracy of a pregnancy test?
- A blood or urine pregnancy test detects the presence of
- Accuracy of blood test for pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Accuracy of an early pregnancy blood test
- Do you need to be fasting for a blood pregnancy test?
- Can a normal blood test detect pregnancy?
- Will a routine blood test show pregnancy
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online