Doctor insights on:
Accidentally Taking Thyroid Medication
Usually not: Usually, a person with hyperthyroidism has too much thyroid hormone in her body. One would take Synthroid (thyroxine) (synthetic hormone) to make up for a lack of enough thyroid hormone due to HYPOthyroidism. A person with HYPOthyroidism who becomes hyperthyroid due to taking too high of a dose of Synthroid (thyroxine) might be asked to take Synthroid (thyroxine) (at a lower dose) even though she is temporarily hyperthyroid. ...Read more
I have hashimito's thyroidism, hypothyroidism, what foods should I avoid? Am taking T4 50mg during the week, T4 75mg at weekends. Thank you.
Coffee with pills: Coffee decreases the absorption of T4, so don't drink coffee when you are taking your medicine. Otherwise, no dietary restrictions ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Symptoms of not taking enough thyroid medication
- Dangers of taking flaxseed oil while taking thyroid medication
- Accidentally taking 2 doses of singulair
- When to take vitamin d when you are taking thyroid medication
- Can taking thyroid medication raise fasting blood test?
- Can i donate blood if i am taking thyroid medication?
- Taking thyroid medication however still having chronic constipation
- Vomiting after taking medication
- Effects of taking too much thyroid medication