Doctor insights on:
Accidentally Taking Thyroid Medication
Usually not: Usually, a person with hyperthyroidism has too much thyroid hormone in her body. One would take Synthroid (thyroxine) (synthetic hormone) to make up for a lack of enough thyroid hormone due to HYPOthyroidism. A person with HYPOthyroidism who becomes hyperthyroid due to taking too high of a dose of Synthroid (thyroxine) might be asked to take Synthroid (thyroxine) (at a lower dose) even though she is temporarily hyperthyroid. ...Read more
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symptoms of not taking enough thyroid medication
- Late period when taking thyroid medication
- Affects of taking too much thyroid medication
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Dangers of taking flaxseed oil while taking thyroid medication
- How soon after taking thyroid medication can i eat?
- What colon cleanse is safe while taking thyroid medication?
- When to take vitamin d when you are taking thyroid medication
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free