Top
30
Doctor insights on: Accidentally Swallowed Small

Share
1

1
What would happen if you accidentally swallowed small pieces of a plastic fork?

What would happen if you accidentally swallowed small pieces of a plastic fork?

Nothing: Plastic fork pieces are non-toxic and do not have significantly sharp outside edges even if broken. Your intestines are used to reacting to sharp objects by retracting and so penetration is extremely unlikely. Swallowing pieces of plastic cutlery is probably very common and I have seen no reports about this in the medical literature. So don't worry about it. ...Read more

2

2
What to do if I accidentally swallowed small pieces of glass? Or plastic? I think it came from my blender? Eat bread and drink water and milk?

What to do if I accidentally swallowed small pieces of glass? Or plastic? I think it came from my blender? Eat bread and drink water and milk?

You will pass it: Small non sharp inert (non poisonous) objects once you pass nor narrowest part of GI tract located just beyond the throat, you will pas it in the stool. In small children you have worry a it may enter respiratory tract, may choke ...Read more

4

4
Accidentally swallowed small amount of Listerine. Now have tummy ache, diarrhoea and nausea. How long before this passes.

Accidentally swallowed small amount of Listerine. Now have tummy ache, diarrhoea and nausea. How long before this passes.

Don't worry: Accidental swallowing of Listerine in small quantities usually does not cause any problems. Nothing need to be done and be panic about. Take care. ...Read more

5

5
I accidentally swallowed a small piece of plastic pen cover?

I accidentally swallowed a small piece of plastic pen cover?

No harm will come: It will not cause any harm. The plastic piece will be excreted in the feces sooner or later. ...Read more

6

6
I accidentally swallowed a small bit of Vicks vaporub. What should I do?

Vicks: A small amount is a relative term, but I'll assume it was an accidental minimal amount. Vicks is relatively benign, drink some water and be careful next time. You'll be ok. And you have fresh breath ...Read more

7

7
I accidentally swallowed a small bit of Vicks vaporub. What should I do?

I accidentally swallowed a small bit of Vicks vaporub. What should I do?

Vicks: A small amount will likely not hurt you. Inhalation could cause a chemical pneumonia but swallowing will likely only taste bad. ...Read more

9

9
I just accidentally swallowed a small Sharp chicken bobe. It went down fine but I am worried if it will pass on its on without puncturing. Will it?

I just accidentally swallowed a small Sharp chicken bobe. It went down fine but I am worried if it will pass on its on without puncturing. Will it?

Yes: It's possible that bone will pass down without puncturing. Food can envelop the bone. Give 24-48 hours. If you develop severe abdominal pain you need to go to hospital. Best wishes. ...Read more

12

12
I accidentally swallowed a small piece of Plastic off an icee wrapper trying to make a small whole what will happen Iam suppose to have a bypass in 3?

I accidentally swallowed a small piece of Plastic off an icee wrapper trying to make a small whole what will happen Iam suppose to have a bypass in 3?

It shall pass too: As long as this is not causing a problem with your breathing it is not an emergency and it will get through the gastrointestinal tract without causing any internal damage. Take care. ...Read more

13

13
I accidentally swallowed a small amount of tea tree oil. Will I be fine??

I accidentally swallowed a small amount of tea tree oil. Will I be fine??

Will CauseNoPronkem: Small amount of tea tree oil ingestion will not cause any problem. It is often used for gum infections by some. Just drink some extra fluids ...Read more

16

16
Accidentally swallowed a small piece of plastic. I feel fine and didn't choke. Can this cause a disease or will I just poop it out and be fine?

Accidentally swallowed a small piece of plastic. I feel fine and didn't choke. Can this cause a disease or will I just poop it out and be fine?

Tastes like plastic.: As long as you didn't' swallow a plastic milk jug, I think you will be fine. But, if bowel problems should arise, best to be evaluated. ...Read more

21

21
What happens when you accidentally swallow a small round chicken bone when you eat the rice and you see it was no there in the bowl at all?

What happens when you accidentally swallow a small round chicken bone when you eat the rice and you see it was no there in the bowl at all?

Hope: You hope it passes through your bowels and does not get stuck somewhere along your intestinal tract, so check your stools in the next day or so. If any pain or discomfort, see a doctor. Good luck. ...Read more

23

23
I accidentally swallowed a small tumbled amethyst gemstone. Will my stomach take care of it fine without a doctor or do I need one?

I accidentally swallowed a small tumbled amethyst gemstone. Will my stomach take care of it fine without a doctor or do I need one?

It will pass: It should pass out of your system in 3-5 days without any problems. You can eat stewed okra and the material will form a soft case around the rock and help it pass though your system. However, it should pass with no effort on your part. ...Read more

24

24
Accidentally swallowed a small chop bone and now got bad ear pain, am worried about getting appendicitis, what will happen and what should I do?

Accidentally swallowed a small chop bone and now got bad ear pain, am worried about getting appendicitis, what will happen and what should I do?

Foreign objects: Children swallow bones all the time. The ear pain is frightening but will pass. Appendicitis is very unlikely to happen because of a swallowed bone. Chew and swallow carefully. ...Read more

25

25
I accidentally swallow a small round chicken bone in my rice bowl which I did not see and then my throat hurts a little. What will happens to me?

I accidentally swallow a small round chicken bone in my rice bowl which I did not see and then my throat hurts a little. What will happens to me?

Bowel movement: The chicken bone may have scratched your throat, but usually does not do much more than that. If your throat pain does not improve within the next day, or you have a foul odor from your breath, then you should consider seeing a doctor to examine the scratch further. You will likely pass the chicken bone in your stool. ...Read more

26

26
My boyfriend works at a factory and today he accidentally swallowed a very small, but sharp piece of metal. Should we be concerned?

My boyfriend works at a factory and today he accidentally swallowed a very small, but sharp piece of metal. Should we be concerned?

Small/non toxic: As long as it passed through to his stomach and it is non toxic it will become coated and pass through the remainder of his digestive system. If he has symptoms of difficulty swallowing, vomiting, abdominal pain, blood in his stool or if it is a poisonous substance; he should be seen. All the best. ...Read more

27

27
Daughter accidentally swallowed one of the small brackets from her braces. Very worried. Will she be okay or is this something serious?

Daughter accidentally swallowed one of the small brackets from her braces. Very worried. Will she be okay or is this something serious?

No problem: Something that tiny will likely pass harmlessly in stool if swallowed. This likely happens very often. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read more

28

28
While eating with a plastic fork, I accidently bit off one of the sharp ends and swallowed it. Very small. Only like 3mm but it's sharp. Is this ok?

While eating with a plastic fork, I accidently bit off one of the sharp ends and swallowed it. Very small. Only like 3mm but it's sharp. Is this ok?

Concerns: Unlikely to perforate gut.
Unlikely to digest, but should pass through.
Unlikely to show on x-ray.
Let your doctor know, and be prepared to go to hospital, with abdominal pain.
Eat fiber cereals, bulk to help pass along with adequate daily water. ...Read more

29

29
What should one do if there is baby who accidently swallowed a very very small amount of meth and cries?

What should one do if there is baby who accidently swallowed a very very small amount of meth and cries?

Go to the ER: Even a small amount of meth could be dangerous for a child. After that I would've expecting a call from child protective services since the child should not have been around meth in the first place. ...Read more

Find us on Facebook