Doctor insights on:
Acai Pomegranate Juice
Be wary: Most fruit juices are just sugary beverages, providing extra calories — all from refined carbohydrates — without sating appetite. And this is true whether you drink apple or orange juice or one of the fancy new juices like acai berry or pomegranate juice. The added calories can contribute to weight gain and increased risk of both diabetes and heart disease. ...Read more
Why ?: At that age complex food or drink items provide a risk of a food reaction without any real benefit to the child.They have crude taste buds & need nothing more than breast milk or formula at that age. After a year the gut has matured and more complex items can be offered with minimal risk. ...Read more
Answered above.: See the reply to the same question above. ...Read more
What to do if a friends baby has septo-optic dysplasia and someone told her to try pomegranate juice.?
No effect: This condition should be followed by a neurologist or a neuro-ophthalmologist. There is no evidence that pomegranate juice has any effect on this, but if your friend is convinced it would help there is no harm using it and it might be better if you do not say anything about this. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Pomegranate juice constipation
- Pomegranate juice for bladder infections
- Does pomegranate juice help you lose weight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pomegranate juice for enlarged prostate
- Is pomegranate juice as good for a persons kidneys as cranberry juice?
- Tart cherry juice versus pomegranate juice
- Is pomegranate juice a diuretic?
- Pomegranate juice is good for thyroid