Doctor insights on:
About How Long Does It Take For A Broken Big Toe To Heal
Usually 6 weeks: Toe bones typically take about 6 weeks to heal well enough to return to normal everyday activities and shoes.
Broken big toe in joint. Got xray 12 weeks ago. Still have deep bruising. No swelling. How much longer will it take to heal?
See below: Should be well healed at this time. May want to have it checked.See 1 more doctor answer
6 weeks: For bone to heal if properly immobilized. Soft tissue swelling will most likely take a lot longer to completely resolve.
Stubbed/fractured?: If it is stubbed, then it'll probably be a contusion that will take a few days to subside. If there is bruising under the nail, there's a chance that you'll still see some residual bruising at that nail for up to a year, but the toe would be ok. However, if you fractured the toe, then it's a minimum of 6-8 weeks if you started treating the toe after it was injured.
Use crutches: Is an option, heel walk another option.
X-ray: You need to see a podiatrist for exam, x-ray and treatment.
Needs treatment: Depends on the type and location of the break. Sometimes its just a special shoe. Sometimes it needs to be 'set' (closed reduction) and sometimes it even needs surgery. Not treating these often leads o problems. Suggest you see a foot specialist.
Depends: That depends on if your toe is healed, correctly aligned and the age of your injury. As a general rule, activity of life is enough to work on range of motion after a big toe fracture. But if you are struggling with motion or prolonged pain than a visit to your physical therapist would be beneficial.See 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor online
- About how long does it take for a broken toe to heal
- How long does it take for a fracture of the big toe to heal?
- How long does it take for a bruise on big toe to heal?
- How long does it take for broken leg to heal?
- How long does it take a broken ankle to heal?
- How long does it take for broken ribs to heal?
- How long does it take to heal a broken patella?
- How long does a broken jaw take to heal?
- How long does it take for a big toe fracture to heal?