Doctor insights on:
See a dentist ASAP: The tooth infection won't go away without treatment and the infection may spread to your jaw, cheeks, sinus and to other areas of your body. Dentist will treat a tooth abscess by treating the cause and getting rid of the infection. Do not delay. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can an abscess return in the same place one was located before a tooth was extracted to remove it?
Dangerous, see a DDS: Infections don't resolve or go away on their own. The cause of the infection has to be determined and then it requires appropriate treatment. Not all teeth can be saved. The longer the infection remains, the more destruction to surrounding tissues, the greater the chance of spread and serious complications to other parts of your body and the harder it is to treat. See a dentist asap. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Infection: An abscessed tooth is a tooth that has an infection, must commonly from the nerve dying from decay (or trauma) and then the tissue inside the canals of the tooth work their way out to the tip of the root(s) and cause an acute infection in the bone. A tooth can also have an abscess from other causes such as periodontal disease or from a fractured or perforated root. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It will not: An abscess will continue if it is not treated. Some times it will spread into the tissue and that can be very dangerous to your health. Some time the abscess will bore a hole thru your gum and drain into the mouth and you will swallow it. This relieves the pressure and most of the pain but the tooth is still infected and will cause damage to the local tissue and bone. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can an xray show a bad tooth?
- How long does it take for tooth infection swelling to go down?
- How long will it take for an antibiotic to reduce pain of a tooth infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can an abscessed tooth cause neck and ear pain?
- What are the symptoms if my tooth infection has spread to my brain?
- How long til amoxicillin starts to work on tooth infection?
- Can an abscessed tooth cause a numbness sensation in your head and face?
- Talk to a dentist online for free