Doctor insights on:
Abdominal Swelling And Ovarian Cyst
I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst and the pain, nausea, and abdominal swelling are unbearable. I can't keep any food down. What should I do?
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Diagnosed with a semi solid ovarian cyst 6 weeks ago on left side now having lower abdomen swelling on right side could it be another cyst?
I have an ovarian cyst on my right ovary but swelling and pain on my left lower abdomen and swelling down my left leg. When will the symptoms stop?
Time: Some ovarian cysts are functional cysts that will go away in 2-6 weeks. Sometimes birth control pills will help them to resolve faster. Other cysts are benign growths. These don't go away and if they get large enough will need to be removed surgically. If you aren't starting to feel better in several weeks see your doctor again. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Seen 2 gynos. 1st one said possible cyst. 2nd said bladder spasm. No period.Abdominal swelling.Pelvic pain.Could it be big cyst? Followup from earlier
I'm very concerned about my body! i think i might have an ovarian cyst . I can feel a ball on my left lower abdominal, and i've gained weight .
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ovarian cancer and sudden abdominal swelling
- Ovarian cyst and groin swelling
- Ovarian cysts with abdominal pain and spotting
- The difference between appendicitis and ovarian cysts
- Can a ovarian cyst cause pain in hips and legs?
- Can ovarian cyst cause gas and constipation?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- Can an abdominal ct scan detect ovarian cyst?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free