Doctor insights on:
A Small Acl Tear And A Flipped Meniscus Is Surgery Needed
Acl tear vs.A meniscus tear which is worse ? Which is worse an ACL tear or a meniscus tear ? What is the difference in recovery time after surgery and pain after ?
An ACL tear is: Typically worse than a meniscus tear and often they occur together. Acl surgery requires reconstruction of the cruciate ligament using a harvested graft from your patellar tendon or your hamstring most commonly. Recovery can be upwards of 6-8 months. Meniscus tears require brief outpatient surgery to trim out the torn portion and recovery is 4-6 weeks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is usually done for a ACL tear? And does it heal one its own without surgery? Can a piece of meniscus get stuck under the patella?
2nd meniscus surgery in jul'12, 1st in jun'10. Partial ACL tear untreated. Knee & quad irritated. Slight knee pain if tense or being pivot foot. ?
Hard to say: Might get better with pt if not maybe the acl has gotten worse should discuss with your orthopedist or seek another opinion. ...Read more
Mri shows I have torn ACL & meniscus tear. Tear was repaired in oct'13. My knee keeps giving out & i keep falling. I am 68.Is ACL surgery safe for me?
Lots of options: Sometimes it can be as easy as leaving it alone and doing some exercises to help the knee joint unload. Other times it might involve surgery. I would see an orthopedic surgeon to assess your status. There have been some recent advances in the stem cell therapy that might be helpful in healing the tear rather than cutting it out in surgery. Look into Regenexx.Com for the stem cell repair for ACL ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had hole in meniscus and torn ACL had surgery 4 years ago I felt worse after surgery. Pain is bad still poping locks up I fell and think I re injur?
Yes: Generally yes. Neither a torn meniscus nor an acl tear will heal itself. Surgical trim or repair of the meniscus will likely improve your pain. Acl reconstructions are done at all ages in active individuals. It is not mandatory to fix the acl, but the knee will remain somewhat unstable which can lead to future injuries. Talk to your doc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will a knee be swollen after acl and meniscus surgery typically?
- How should i determine if i need surgery for a meniscus tear?
- What is the difference between an impingement and tear of a rotator cuff?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best otc pain reliever for a meniscus tear in the knee?
- What is a bone plug in acl reconstruction surgery?
- What is the typical recovery time for a meniscus tear in the knee?
- Did i need surgery for a tear a ligament in my ankle
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free