Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Poison Sumac Usually Last
Usually a week or so: For most cases, the rash should subside within a couple of weeks provided there is no further contact. Topical steroid hastens the recovery. The most important step would be washing all objects which might have touched the ivy with laundry detergent . Else the ivy resin will keep on causing problems for many months to come. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Allergic contact (ie poison ivy) lasts 1-2 weeks. Irritant contact lasts usually shorter time. Allergic takes abt 72 hrs to start, irritant starts right away. Allergic usually itches, irritant usually burns. Both can appear identically however, and both will continue if exposure continues. ...Read more
Less than 1 week: If you're talking about a common blister that develops at a site of trauma or rubbing, they usually resolve in 5-7 days. ...Read more
How can you tell the rash of poison ivy or poison oak? Are they contagious and how does it last? And how long does it itch?
Alcohol Toxins: It depends. Small cases will go away fairly quickly. Extreme cases can lead to death. Many people do permanent brain damage from chronic overuse of alcohol, which cannot be recovered from. All alcohol, if consumed at all, should be done very moderately. Overuse is never okay. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does poison sumac rash last?
- How long does poison ivy usually last?
- How long does a common cold usually last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does the common cold usually last?
- How long does a stomach virus usually last?
- How long does otitis media usually last?
- How long does juvederm usually last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free