Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Broken Ankle To Heal
Varies: In an average healthy person, the fracture will likely heal within 6-8 weeks. However, the sports functionality of the ankle may not return to normal for nearly 6-12 months. This depends on the severity of the initial injury and the subsequent rehab of the ankle. Your orthopedist will guide you through your recovery process. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Leg Fracture: It depends what you are calling a leg fracture. Clinically the leg involves the tibia and fibula. If the tibia is fractured with or without the fibula and it is treated in a cast then it will take on the average of 8 weeks. If it is only the fibula and it depends if it is near the ankle or closer to the knee. Most will heal in 6 weeks. If this is a pediatric patient the fracture heals 4-6 weeks. ...Read more
4-6 weeks: 4-6 weeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
Mild to mod- 6-8 wks: Mild to moderate sprains of knee ligaments that are appropriately treated nonoperatively should generally heal in 6-8 weeks. Not all ligament sprains are the same, and actual time to healing will vary based upon severity. Most typical knee mcl sprains (grade 2-3) heal in 6-8 weeks. Bracing is often indicated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
6 weeks: Usually 6 weeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take a broken ankle to heal?
- How long will it take to heal a broken ankle?
- How long will it take a broken ankle to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for broken ribs to heal?
- How long does it take to heal a broken patella?
- How long does a broken jaw take to heal?
- How long does a broken fibula take to heal?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free