Doctor insights on:
6 Mm Kidney Stone Passed
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
But is also possible that it won't pass.
Study in ajr 2002:
the spontaneous passage rate for stones 1 mm in diameter was 87%; for stones 2-4 mm, 76%; for stones 5-7 mm, 60%; for stones 7-9 mm, 48%; and for stones larger than 9 mm, 25%. ...Read more
I have a 7 mm kidney stone will it pass on its on or will it get stuck? I'm due to fly in aweek scared with the stone!
Is it still a kidney stone of has it passed into the ureter and is now a ureteral stone? If it is just sitting in the kidney it will probably stay there for some indeterminate time, maybe, "forever". If in the ureter, it can cause pain and blood in the urine as it makes it way down. The chances of stone passage for stones 5-7 mm, 60%; for stones 7-9 mm, 48%.
Good luck. ...Read more
I was diagnosed today with a 7.5 mm kidney stone. I have not been able to pass even a 4mm stone in the past is this more than likely gonna get stuck?
Kid stone 7.5 mm: M unknown age: I was diagnosed today with a 7.5 mm kidney stone. I have not been able to pass even a 4mm stone in the past is this more than likely gonna get stuck? ANS: Time will tell. Keep us posted. ...Read more
Hi, I have a Kidney stone of 8 mm in right uretreric calculus at VU junction. It is possible to pass through urine. Pl suggest.
Possible but hard: 8mm is a good size stone first make sure it is not blocking the kidney next you could passed it but very painful find out if they can crush it with a machine or grab it with a basket ...Read more
I have a 14 mm kidney stone. What will have to be done as I am sure I will not pass this naturally/ Seeing doctor tomorrow?
Depends: On where the stone is, type of stone, and what symptoms you are having and how long you have had the problem. Treatment options include lithotrypsy (ultrasound waves to break up the stone), Uretoscopy with a basket to remove the stone, stent in the ureter, or open removal. ...Read more
How long should it take a 2 mm kidney stone to pass? It already left the kidney but is causing me constant pain, and minor bleeding.
Cannot say: Drink a lot of water to facilitate the passage. You may wish to discuss with your doctor the option of extracting the stone through cystoscopic procedure. ...Read more
It has been little over a week and I have yet to pass my 2 mm kidney stone. Should I be worried? Been having constant pain and drinking lots of water.
I have a kidney stone that is between 4 and 5 mm I started flomax how long does it take to pass it it has left the kidney and in the tube?
Varies: In general, it is very hard to predict when a kidney stone will pass. I have seen some small ones that linger around for weeks to months. I have also seen some big ones the pass fairly quickly--within a day or two. If it does not pass and it continues to cause you problems, you might need further urological intervention. ...Read more
I have a kidney stone and the urologist said its 4x10 mm long-ways in the ureter. She has scheduled surgery, but is it possible for it to pass?
Big Stone 10mm:
It seems to be a big stone, 10mm stones do not pass on their own.4mm stone has 80% chance of passing and 5mm 20%.
10 mm stone can not pass by itself and has to be removed surgically
follow your doctors advice. ...Read more
I am 24 year old suffering from kidney stone which obstructed in ureter confirmed by ultrasound exam is of 7-8 mm. Can it be pass without surgery?
Possibly: Stone size is the major determinant of the likelihood of spontaneous stone passage. The location of the stone is also important. With stones larger than 4 mm in diameter, there is a progressive decrease in the spontaneous passage rate, which is unlikely with stones > 10 mm. Proximal ureteral stones are also less likely to pass on their own. ...Read more
Time will tell: That is getting to be pretty large, but it could still be passed. It will likely be painful. Good luck. ...Read more
Almost none, but...: A 1-mm stone is most likely still attached to the papilla of a calyx and its odd to detach and drop into ureter is very low. If happening, a 1-mm stone should have an almost 100% of chance to pass with no discernible pain. In reality, I would not spend much time to mull over it because it shades too little clinical significance to worry about it. Best wishes... ...Read more
Drink lots of water: Urologist may prescribe tamsulosin (flomax) to help ureter dilate and facilitate passage of stone. Some stones are larger than 5 - 6 mm in diameter or have little spikes & get stuck. You may then need a urologist to perform laser lithotropsy or lithoclast lithotripsy to break up stone endoscopically. Larger kiney stones may require shock wave treatment to break up or percutaneous kidney lithotripsy. ...Read more
Yes u can.: Pain from kidney stones usually occurs as the stone passes through the narrow ureter (tube between kidney and bladder). Once it drops into the bladder there is not much pain. Because the urethra (tube from the bladder to the outside) is larger than the ureters the stone is usually passed easily and without much notice. ...Read more
Solutes precipitate and combine to form stones formed of calcium oxalate usually around a nidus of uric acid. Other solutes that form stones are ca and mg phosphates, cystine, and uric acid staghorn calculi form in the presence of chronic urinary tract infections. Stones can be painful, may require ...Read more