Doctor insights on:
4 Functions Of Cell Membrane
It's complicated: Cholesterol stabilizes membranes and keeps them from melting / breaking down at both high and low temperatures but by different mechanisms. This is some serious physical chemistry. Ignore all the "pop" accounts you'll find online and ask a teacher at a good junior college. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Yes: There's a variety of different toxins secreted by the salivary glands of venomous snakes. Depending on the species, some venoms attack nerves(neurotoxins), heart muscle(cardio toxins), blood cells (hemotoxins), cell membranes (phospholipases). The latter would cause lysis of cell membranes. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I had IntraLasik done 2 months ago, epithelium came off during the surgery and new cells didn't want to grow properly and stick to membrane.Why?
Are there a large number of cholesterol molecules in the plasma membrane of a single human red blood cell or merely a few?
Large number: Cholesterol molecules are found in every cell of the body, and are especially abundant in cell plasma membranes. The plasma membrane is a continuous double-layer of phospholipids, interwoven with cholesterol molecules and proteins. So, cholesterol molecules are found in great numbers in the plasma membranes of red blood cells. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the characteristics and function of red blood cells?
- 4 chambers of the heart and their functions
- Four functions of the spleen
- Cell membrane equivalent of a taste bud
- What are the four functions of the nervous system?
- Pus cells of 3 4 hpf cause kidney infection
- What is the function of a bone cell?
- What are the functions of simple squamous epithelial cells?
- Four functions of a cell