Doctor insights on:
20 Yrs Old I Was Told I Had A Weak Hip Could That B Causing My Knee Pain
Severe hip pain and swelling also leads to knee pain and swelling on back of knee! whole leg really, weak leg, back pain, want to give up docs don't care?
Consider : An orthopedic doctor visit. I hope your questions are answered and you find relief. If what you are doing isn't working, time to try something different. ...Read more
Both ankles pain at paroneal. Knee pain. Doc said not structural but functional problem. Abnormal gait, unstable hips, weak lower back. How to correct?
Joint instability at hip and knee, weakness from hip to outer thigh to outer knee. Pain lifting leg - climbing stairs and kicking leg backwards. Why?
After seeing a physiotherapist i was told that my knee pain is caused by weak glutes. Is this severe and how long should I take off running?
Knee pain in runners: Knee pain in a runner can be due to a myriad of different things. I invariably see weak gluteus medius and hip abductor muscles in runners, especially distance runners. While it is probably not the only direct cause, it is probably contributing to your pain and needs strengthening. You should continue to follow up with pt and no run until you can do so pain free. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes and no: Anatomically there are no nerves in the hips that would cause pain in the knee. Most people will call pain in the buttock area their hip. This pain can be generated from nerve irritation in the lower back. Pain can also travel down the outside of the leg from a condition called ITB syndrome. Trigger points can also refer pain. Discuss with your Doc. ...Read more
I was a runner as a teen and notice that now running causes me hip and knee pain i never had before. Why is this and what can I do?
Sports or orthop.dr.: Wear and tear on hard surfaces can be placed on lower extremities.Forty-two percent of all overuse injuries affect the knee joint, and patellofemoral pain syndrome, runner's knee, a common overuse injury. It occurs when a mistracking kneecap (patella) irritates the femoral groove in which it rests.Hip pain for runners range from severe fractures, arthritis, to mild bursitis and muscle strain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could arthritis in my spine cause pain in my hips and knees
- I have pain on my hip any idea what could be causing this pain
- Could severe hip pain locking sensation be caused by old hamstring injury
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I had oral sex yesterday and woke up this am with jaw pain could this be my tmj
- I have an extra lumbar vertebra could that be the cause of my back pain
- What could be causing my eye pain and sensitivity when i touch my eye?
- I have tingling in my legs n arms often what could b the cause of this
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free