Doctor insights on:
14 Year Old Girl Target Heart Rate
When I exercise, my heart rate goes between 160-175bpm. Is this too high for a 37 year old woman? Target heart rate calc says 146 maximum.
Depends: A formula widely accepted is 220-age=maximum heart rate. Keep in mind though that this is a simplistic formula with age as the only variable and standard deviation for this equation is 10 to 15 bpm. Target heart rates for aggressive cardioconditioning are generally recommended at 80% of your calculated maximum for a healthy individual. See your first GP to discuss any possible contraindications ...Read more
What does equivocal cardiac stress test mean in the results? I am a 47 year old male with hypertension controlled through medication. I completed the test reaching the target heart rate with no other symptoms. Test was part of an annual insurance check u
No: There is no such thing as "target heart rate." depending on your training goals, the "target" could be anything from 60% to 100% of your max heart rate. Exceeding ~80-84% of max heart rate shifts metabolism to anaerobic (airless) metabolism resulting in the production of Lactic Acid and the burning sensation. The body is burning pure glucose here. Muscles break from overuse, not that process. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Target heart rate for a 20 year old
- Target the heart rate zone of a 15 year old
- Average resting heart rate for 14 year old
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should be the target heart rate zone for a 13 year old gilr?
- 14 year old girl puberty
- Normal weight for a 14 year old girl
- The average weight for a 14 year old girl
- Talk to a pediatrician online