Report alleged copyright infringement
HealthTap responds to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://www.copyright.gov
) and other applicable intellectual property laws.
Our response may include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating subscribers. If we remove or disable access in response to such a notice, we may notify the owner or administrator of the affected site or content so that he or she can make a counter notification. It is also our policy to document all notices of alleged infringement on which we act, including by sending a copy of the notice to one or more third parties or making it available to the public (such as via the website: www.chillingeffects.org).
IMPORTANT: Be sure you have a right to file a DMCA notice before doing so. Misrepresentations made in your notice regarding whether material or activity is infringing may expose you to liability for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees). Courts have found
that before sending a notice, you must consider copyright defenses, limitations or exceptions (and have ordered a company
to pay more than $100,000 in costs and attorney fees after finding that a company targeted content protected by the U.S. fair use doctrine). Contact an attorney before making a DMCA submission if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must contact us
and send all of the following information (all fields required).
Your Contact Information
- First name
- Last name
- Company name (if applicable)
- Copyright holder you represent
- Email address
Your Copyrighted Work
- Provide information that identifies in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon. If you claim that more than one work has been infringed, submit each additional work as a separate claim.
Where can we see an authorized example of the work?
- Please provide the URL(s) NOT on HealthTap where an example of the copyrighted work can be viewed so that we can verify that the work appears on the URLs.
Location of infringing material
- Please provide the URL(s) on HealthTap of the allegedly infringing material that you are asking us to remove.
You must swear to the following or include the following statements in your DMCA takedown submission to HealthTap:
"I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- Please include your signed name. By typing your full name, you will be providing us with your digital signature, which is as legally binding as your physical signature. Please note that your signature must exactly match the first and last names that you entered at the top of this email in order for your submission to be successful.
Please note that we will not process your complaint if it isn't properly filled out or if the complaint is incomplete. If multiple HealthTap products are affected, please note that you must submit a notice for each affected product.