U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

What do you think this could be? i am a female, my pelvis has been hurting outrageously, as well as my lower back. i often bleed from both my vagina and anus. it's so hard to even stand up and no doctor is paying me any attention in my hometown. i'm afrai

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joy Jackson
Family Medicine 20 years experience
You : You need a doctor who will listen to your complaints, take them seriously, and do an appropriate work up. You may need to find a doctor outside of your hometown. A good idea would be to visit a doctor near the closest teaching hospital. Based on your post it does not sound like an appendicitis. The vaginal and rectal bleeding may be seperate issues, and finally endometriosis is a possibility, but surgery is needed to make this diagnosis. I hope you find answers soon.
Dr. Henry Dorn
Obstetrics and Gynecology 26 years experience
Find a good doc: Need way more info to make a diagnosis, but clearly you should seek a good obgyn. Look at online ratings of nearby gynecologists (google, doctorscore, ratemd, healthgrades, etc - or type in "gynecologist + rating + your zipcode") and find one whom patients feel is thorough and responsive. Good luck.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.