U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 53-year-old member asked:

what are the chances i have folliculitis, a yeast infection and herpes? i've been on antibiotics for acne for 10 months. three weeks ago i started itching on my arms. after that i developed bumps on my arms, back and legs that itch and scab. plus the itc

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 44 years experience
Need to be seen: Nobody can diagnose a rash at a distance, but since you are taking medication, my first and foremost concern is that the new rash / itching are a drug reaction, since this is the most dangerous treatable illness. Your prescribing physician should be able to tell. Yes, a person can have herpes simples, a candida yeast infection, and pityrosporum folliculitis but not giving the same rash. Peace.
Dr. Colin Kerr
Family Medicine 44 years experience
Triple infection: As i think you are suspecting, the answer is "very low." chronic antibiotic therapy is well-known to lead to yeast infections. Herpes is the disease that doesn't logically fit here. Herpes does not generally itch; it stings or burns with 2-3 mm little blisters that turn into sores. They are quite distinctive. They also do not occur all over your body; they occur usually in just one region.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 39-year-old member asked:

Should I hav a head ct? I have had a middle ear infection for over 8 weeks now with no change, dispite 3 doses of antibiotic ear drops, plus augmentn

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 27 years experience
Depends: It depends on who has diagnosed you wtih a middle ear infection. With respect to my primary care colleagues: many times "fluid" on the ear is diagnosed as an infection when in fact it is not "infected" but rather residual fluid collection as a result of infection. If the fluid has persisted for 8 weeks... No you don't need a ct. If you haven't seen an ent, i would see an ent.
A 45-year-old member asked:

I get a sore throat every day. Slight nasal congestion and raspy voice. Swollen glands too. Advil helps, but it comes back.. Any suggestions?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 19 years experience
See your ENT: You have some sort of chronic problem, but it is hard to know what is going on over the computer. Most likely you are dealing with allergies, chronic sinusitis, or perhaps laryngeal reflux. A thorough history, physical exam and maybe some x-rays or other tests will help sort out the problem. Sinus rinses are a helpful solution for sinus congestion and allergy complaints as well. Good luck!
A member asked:

I get tingling in my legs & feet. Mri says I have L5 problems plus I have lesions on kidneys & liver. I had very bad back pain.

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kamlesh Desai
Family Medicine 23 years experience
See doc: Your L5 problem is it a disk or a lesion - see your doc to rule out neoplasm.
A 24-year-old member asked:

Dizziness reduced cognation lack of focus forgetful ear and eye pain headaches nausiea. Also abdom pain. Side pain back pain weakness of limbs?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Psychiatry 32 years experience
Dizzy: With multiple complaints which apparently are uncomfortable, you need to see your pcp to find out the cause, whether medical problem or effect of some medication.
A 29-year-old female asked:

I'm a 29 year old female. I have had my appendix removed at the age of 15. I don't have any other health issues. Lately i've been having pain in the left side of my chest. I've also had severe lower back pain that radiates to my legs. I have also had a fe

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Vance Harris
Family Medicine 37 years experience
Severe lower back pa: Not likely that the symptoms have anything to do with your appendectomy. Chest pain along with severe pain in the back should be looked at by your physician. This could be something serious so see your dr.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Aug 3, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.