Newark, NJ

i have acne problem as its clearing more and more are coming out and apart from using clean and clear & aveeno, (oatmeal) what else can be used?

Dr. James Berman
Dermatology 40 years experience
Benzoyl peroxide 5: Acne is a very common skin disorder in teenagers and young adults. It is due to hormones and genetics. Benzoyl peroxide gels are over the counter, cheap, and work to kill p.Acnes and reduce the inflammation caused when hair follicles are ruptured. If this doesn't work, go see a dermatologist who can prescribe oral antibiotics and topical retinoids. The soap you are using is of lesser importance.