Great Britain
A 31-year-old female asked about a male:

my son has had tonsilits twice. now he has red spots on the top of his mouth and one puss-filled spot on his left tonsil. is he getting tonsillitis again?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Tonsilitis: He has tonsillitis again if he has pus on the tonsils. We expect children to be sick 6-12 times a year because they have not reached adult levels of immunity.
Dr. Kristi Woods
Probably: Without seeing his throat, it is hard to know for sure but what you are describing sounds like pharyngitis and/or tonsillitis. Unfortunately, there is no limit to the amount of times you can have this infection.
Maybe: This may be early tonsillitis or may be a simple viral infection that will settle down without causing further symptoms.If the kid has no fever and is eating and drinking normally, you can monitor this at home.If it becomes more symptomatic, have it evaluated.
Dr. Keith Ramsey
Adolescent Medicine 36 years experience
Yes: That certainly sounds like tonsillitis. Have him seen by the doctor for treatment.