I had a yeast infection and got treated but my clitoris is still red and has a white paste. Did the treatment not work since it only treated inside?

Dr. Lonna Larsh
29 years experience in Family Medicine
Probably: Yeast is a normal part of the vaginal and gastrointestinal flora and it is hard to eliminate it completely. If you are still having some irritation around the clitoris, buy some over the counter yeast medication (such as clotrimazole) and use it right on the affected area for a couple days. If you were not checked prior to treatment, see your doctor to be sure this is not really something else.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
3