Plymouth, PA
A 49-year-old female asked about a 56-year-old female:

What does this mean? inflammation of joint , stress fracture, chronic tear in tendon in regards to mri of right foot.

Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
You have a fracture: You have a fracture that appears to include a tendon attached to or nearby that was torn probably earlier than the injury since it is said to be chronic but this would depend on the age of the fracture. The fracture may be into the joint or there may be inflammation related to the fracture itself as well as the chronic tendon injury. We would need more information regrading the imaging to answer.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
I am not sure how one could decipher from the post the tendon was nearby or attached to the fractured bone. It is completely possible that the chronic tendon injury is remote in the foot. I.e posterior tibial tendon for 5th met fracture or peroneal tendon for second met fracture......
Sep 21, 2013

Last updated Sep 21, 2013