AZ

what is eccentric protrusion to the left at the l4-5 disc space with mild lateral recess stenosis ?

Dr. Ipe Kalathoor
Back pain : What it means is that the disc between the vertebral body is herniating to the left side. This herniating disc sometimes compress on the nerves causing pain.
Dr. Atif Haque
Neurosurgery 18 years experience
Probably nothing...: ...To worry about. This is usually something i see from a radiologist's report and usually not something clinicallly significant. Lateral recess stenosis can cause irritation to the lower nerve root involved at the level (l5 in this case) if it is severe enough.