Canada

1 year ago i had no memory of abuse. i now have severe flashbacks, dissociation, alters, depression ptsd. pls tell me it gets better, i've lost hope.

Dr. Arman Danielyan
Child Psychiatry 29 years experience
PTSD: What you are describing are classical symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder or ptsd. It is a treatable condition and you will get better. The best treatment is combination of medications (ssris) with therapy. I would strongly suggest that you see a psychiatrist for consultation.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
This is a dissociative disorder. This is more complex than PTSD. Please see my comment to previous answer.
Sep 24, 2013
Dr. Ipe Kalathoor
PTSD: Obviously things will get better. But you need to seek help from a counselor . Take care of yourself.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
You need a therapist that is experienced in the treatment of complex PTSD and DD, NOS or DID ( MPD). This takes a highly eclectic therapist with a knowledge of sociopathy, a firm grasp of evil, a. forgiving spirit and the guts to stick in it with you for the long haul. Your therapist should know concepts from psychoanalysis like projective identification and repression, ego psychology, and Cognitive therapy. Unfortunately in this condition things can get worse until they get better. You must forever be on guard of any abuse occurring in the present. You must Monitor through all forms of communication to you including email telephone calls. Best wishes.
Sep 21, 2013