Tallahassee, FL

i have a deep, aching sensation in both hips. is it more likely due to my si/facet joint issues, or just the fibromyalgia?

Dr. George Jacobs
Neurosurgery 63 years experience
Can not answer: This question can not be answered without examination and tests. Many physicians doubt the diagnosis of fibromyalgia. I am among them.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
I live in SE Wisconsin where fibromyalgia is endemic and very real and painful. I rarely came across this in other places I practiced. It could be like when I was in med school in Nashville, MS was considered a teaching case. North of the Mason-Dixon Line it is quite prevalent. In Wisconsin it is actually quite common. ,
Sep 19, 2013
Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Please see your doctor. only a physical exam can answer your question.
Sep 19, 2013
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Aching Hips: See an orthopedic physician for assessment. Discuss stresses in your life and management for them. Please do not make diagnosis of fibromyalgia without complete evaluation.